Saturday, June 17, 2006

Stuff

Well, here I am again at the public library... I'm going back to Athens next week to get the rest of my stuff including my computer so I'll be able to post more often and not be timed. I only get an hour and there's only two computers.
Nothing much else to talk about except long hours at work. We've got 20 miles to regulate and tamp but the main problem is the 20 miles aren't all together. They're spread over about 70 miles of trackage and both machines aren't exactly speed demons. My regulator's top travel speed is about 8 miles an hour... So the majority of our time in the morning and afternoon is travel between where we're working and the siding where we 'tie up' our machines at night.
I've taken a bunch of pictures and will post them next week... Views from my 'office' and a once-in-a-lifetime "Kodak Moment" I think you'll all enjoy. I have my camera with me every day at work now and have been taking bunches of pictures so look forward to more stuff shortly!
there's a few other little things I'm really itching to talk about... I'll post more about that later too... I'll just say right now my usually uncanny ability to read people from first impressions failed me this time concerning the owner of the railroad. Things aren't all that rosy between us right now and I don't know why. I promise I'll write more about that later but right now I should just keep my mouth shut. I'll leave you with this as a teaser, remember Bill Clinton's style of management... Or should I say 'micromanagement'... And lack of a grasp of priorities...
Until next week!
Copyright 2006 Thomas J Wolfenden

6 comments:

Dirk said...

Umm..., are cigars involved?

Kev said...

Don't write about this job, Tom. If you lost the last one it wouldn't have been that bad. But this one ...

Cheryl said...

Good to hear from you. Can't wait for pics.

Sherri Sanders said...

Can't wait to see the scenery! Missing your regular posts.

tsduff said...

That's just the way it is with employment. There is a boss, and an employee. They don't always mesh. Well, I hope it isn't an insurmountable hitch in the tracks... hang in there Charlie (choo choo that is) :-D

Crazy Me said...

Can't wait for regular postings and pics!