Saturday, August 29, 2009

Another busy week

Week two of my locomotive engineer's training was another busy one. Practicing using the air brakes, train handling and troubleshooting problems with the locomotive. I'm having a blast! It's a huge boost to my confidence that my instructor trusts me and one other guy to run a locomotive by ourselves for the Switchman trainees learn to mount and dismount moving equipment and making cuts and couplings on trains. He just sends us out on the locomotive now, knowing we're not going to tear up shit...

I'm still trying to get my sleep pattern regulated... I've been going to bed early and not spending any time reading my favorite blogs or doing any posting myself. I think I may have screwed that all up yesterday though... I went to the Tiki Bar after work yesterday afternoon with all good intentions of only staying for Happy Hour... Got there around 4:15 PM... And at 9:30 I was still there... I staggered home and feeling no pain I was able to stay up just long enough to watch the Space Shuttle launch at midnight. Crawling out of bed today at the crack of noon with a pounding head I had to remember I'm not 25 anymore and can't hang out and drink all night like I used to! I also vaguely remember being rude to one guy at the bar last night, but that's not going to worry me. The guy in question has pretty thin skin and likes to be a smartass to people, but doesn't like to get the same thing back, so a little tit-for-tat was warranted.

Next week I'm going to try to post more... There's a lot happening in the world that's been pissing me off and I haven't had a chance to vent about it lately.

I'm doing well on my other goal though... I've been able to drop 10 pounds in the last two weeks and have been eating a lot better. More fruits and greens... Less red meat. It's also helped that its been in the mid 90's all week with 100% humidity so I've been able to sweat a lot of it off.

I can now get into my work trousers without having to suck it in and hold my breath to button the fly!

Copyright 2009 Thomas J Wolfenden

5 comments:

Eddie Stone said...

Hey Tom, sounds like you're having fun.
BTW, drink at least one litre of water before you hit the sack ... hangover headache removed. hehe

Cheers.

ed

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Did that and still felt like shit... I'm getting old Eddie!

FishEagle said...

Hey, no complaining about age!!! The 40's can't be that bad...Lol

Exzanian said...

Ed is right - Take a litre with you to bed, and make sure you eat something before you hit the sack Ranger! If you go to sleep with a belly swilling with only beer you gonna feel it!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Fisheagle: Talk to me again when you hit 40! LOL ;)~

Exzanian: I did that and I still felt like shit...