Friday, November 03, 2006

WARNING: Do Not Read If Easily Offended

I'm keeping with my motto and having absolutely no Sacred Cows... Anything and everything is open and I will find humor in anything, so here it goes.
Last night while I was getting ready for work I was scanning over the news headlines on Yahoo to see if anything had happened while I was off in the Land of Nod and one headline caught my eye and I immediately broke out in fits of laughter because of what crossed my mind as I read it.
The headline you ask?
"300 letters to God found floating in the Atlantic Ocean"
And now what though crossed my mind that made me laugh hysterically?
I pictured Jesus... Taking a leisurely stroll one morning last week, say, taking a shortcut from Hoboken, NJ to the Azores... Going through his morning mail, sipping a nice espresso. All at once he had one moment of doubt about his own faith...
"Can I really walk on water?" He thinks...
And Sploosh!
All that is left is a soggy Starbuck's cup and his mail floating along the Gulf Stream as the only reminder...
Another rare glimpse into the warped and demented mind of Ranger Tom...
Copyright 2006 Thomas J Wolfenden

9 comments:

honkeie2 said...

OMFG that is something I would think...then tell my wife and get slapped in the back of the head for making religous jokes again hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That was too funny, but the moment I read he was walking on the bridge i kinda saw it comig lol

tsduff said...

I like the way your mind works Tom :-)

Very funny.

The RHS said...

I could almost see those letters strewn across the water like he was discarding junk mail.

Nice, Tom! lol!

Martini said...

Hilarious! Even my ultra-religious in-laws would crack a smile at that one.

Cheryl said...

That is hilarious.

AlaskaJen said...

At least I know that you'll be keeping me laughing in the hereafter! Of course it'll be relly freakin' hot where we'll be, so you'd best be funny!!! LOL!!!

Colin said...

I'll think of that every time I have a latte Tom.
As for going to that hot place, I wouldn't worry too much. By the time we get there it'll be fully airconditioned and we'll need an overcoat!

Ranger Tom said...

Honkeie: Did I miss a bridge somewhere?

Tsduff: So do I, and most of my many other personalities agree with you also

Rhs: So true!

Martini: I related that to a guy I work with last night... Very ultra~Christian creationist. I though he was going to pop a blood vessle...

Cheryl: Ain't it though?

Alaska Jen: You think it'll be hot? See next reply... ;)

Colin: You know it. Because when you and I get there we'll take our SLR's and take over the place and have the central air installed forthwith.

Golightly said...

hee hee hilarious