Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Clewiston Cruds

About a week ago I began feeling really run-down... More so that usual after working four and a half months straight without a day off... Fever, chills, runny nose and body aches. Not the Flu, but just not feeling 100%. And my damn pesky work~ethic won't let me call in sick I soldiered on with feeling like shit. And in soldiering on, I've come home to do a double~shot of NyQuil and pass out into bed. Today is the first day I've really felt like my old self and have a little energy to write something...
And here's another fantastic Florida sunrise... As seen from my vantage point looking back to check my train out...
And of course you can't run the locomotives indefinitely, they need servicing. Here I am standing by the other morning waiting for the great locomotive shop crew to finish servicing the #406, a EMD GP38-2 diesel locomotive. Have I said recently I love my job?

Fill er' up and check the oil!

I'm glad I don't have to write that check out... Fill er' up means 2,500 gallons of diesel fuel and about 4 gallons of motor oil...

I will try to be better at posting stuff...

I'm just a tad bit tired lately...

Photos and rambling Copyright 2010 Thomas J Wolfenden

9 comments:

JLee said...

Trains. That's a manly job!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

JLee: A manly job for a manly man...

Kimberly said...

Nyquil makes me hallucinate.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Kimberly: Not me. It just knocks me out. On the back it says; "May cause drowsiness" what it should say is "Don't make any fucking plans!"

I'm feeling much better now though...

your psycho ex-girlfriend said...

ok, i have a story.


last night i took a sleeping pill and.....apparently you can do some crazy stuff when you take sleeping pills. like talk and walk and even have sex in your sleep. who knew? not me, sure wish i remembered what i said and/or did. i hear it was an interesting night for me.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Psycho: You too? I think we had a fabulous night together and I don't even remember it!

Liane said...

isn't it great when one can do an occupation one truly enjoys? glad you're feeling better!!!! plenty of hugs from me to you ;-)

Just telling it like it is said...

I hope you feel better suga!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Liane: Yes it is, and for the first time in my life I really love my job! And thanks for the hugs!

Just Telling It: I'm beginning to feel a little bit more human now