Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No strike...


And a new contract...

The vote Monday was 294 to 26 in favor of the new contract here at my job. I was fearing the worst by last Friday as the last contract wasn't so great but I was pleasantly surprised at some of the stuff in the package. We didn't lose anything and gained a few things, like a yearly 6% bonus and a 2% COLA every year for the next three years. I was also surprised that our health plan's premiums were frozen for a year, but will go up in 2011... Like I said, I expected that because premiums are going up all over the country.

There was a few other little things like the rewording of the Seniority Roster for the Railroad Department... That made me and several other people extremely happy as it won't allow a certain other dumbass to run around us on the Seniority Roster anymore, which he's tried to do several years in a row... Jobs are awarded by bid for the Harvest Season, and those with the highest seniority get the best jobs and this peckerhead, because he works a "Repair Season" job in another department in the summer, even though he started way after the few of us, he's tried to "Run Around" the Seniority Roster and jump in front of us in every Pre-Crop Bid we've had.

And it pissed us all off to no end...

Anyway, I'm in a much better mood. Now All I have to look forward to is 6 to 8 weeks more of work, some minor surgery I've been putting off, planning my vacation and having the entire summer off!

It's like I'm semi-retired!

I'll explain how I do that later on in the week...

Copyright 2010 Thomas J Wolfenden
Logo pinched from IAM LL57 Website

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats. I have an idea of where you can use that 6% raise just in case you needed some direction.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Kimberly: Oh really? What did you have in mind?

cmk said...

SO happy to hear the news!

UBERMOUTH said...

Congratulations !! And just in time for my expensive,deluxe birthday present[if Miss Gold Digger there doesn't syphon it off first!].

What is a 2% cola?

Spiky Zora Jones said...

the whole summer off...DAMN, I want your job.

not because of the timne off...I want to honk the horn.

A question I read sometimes that a train hit a person or a car...hello. A train is huge...how could a person not see it coming?

later dude.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Cmk: So am I, and very relieved!

Uber: Anything for you sweetheart! And a COLA is a "Cost Of Living Allowance"...

Spiky: You wouldn't believe how many people I see every day who try to beat me through a crossing... Play chicken with a train and you'll lose. And you can blow my whistle any time you want!