Thursday, July 23, 2009

It never fails...

Every time I need to get up early I don't sleep worth a damn the night before. I'm getting new living room furniture delivered this morning and I tossed and turned all damn night.
First I can't breathe... I'm laying on my right side and my nose is instantly clogged. I roll over to my left and it immediately goes away, but then I get a cramp in my arm... Roll back over and here come the flood again. This goes on for I don't know how long...
Then the damn acid-reflux kicks in.
And I'm out of antacid.
These guys better get here early is all I've got to say.
Whiny rant Copyright 2009 Thomas J Wolfenden

8 comments:

leazwell said...

Get some Afrin(use sparingly) and whatever the over the counter med for acid reflux is not tums but the stuff you once had to have a prescription to buy. They are pink or purple pills. By the way how long have you had the reflux, better tend to that. Can cause lots of trouble.

Ranger Tom said...

Leazwell: Going out this afternoon to Walgreens to get the stuff... As for the acid reflux, I've had it on and off for about 6 years, and only when I eat Italian or anything with tomatos. But I had a roast beef sandwich last night w/o tomoatos. Go figure.

honkeie2 said...

anytime I HAVE to get up early I cannt sleep! Dont you just hate that. Like going to a texmex resturant run and operated by a buch of old jews.....no one knows texmex like them little brown men!

Exzanian said...

Hey Ranger Dude, here's a free diagnoses: it's either too much booze, or the onset of swine flu....or, something else.

Ranger Tom said...

Honkeie: Very true!

Exzanian: I'm tending to believe it's something else! (Well, the booze might have a tiny bit to do with it...)

cmk said...

Been taking Prevacid for years because of my acid reflux--of course, my hiatal hernia IS part of the problem. Every time I think I'm better and go off of the meds, the problem comes back. :( (I could use the over-the-counter stuff, but I have prescription insurance and it costs me less. Go figure.)

I think the reason I can't sleep the night before I HAVE to get up early is because I don't have a set schedule. I wish there was an Ambien-like product that you could take when you only have 4-6 hours in which to sleep. Perfect for me. (You need 8 hours of sleep after taking Ambien.)

Of course, BOTH problems COULD be because we are getting older. Oh hell, who am I kidding. Age has NOTHING to do with it. ;)

Ranger Tom said...

Cmk: Nope, age has not a thing to do with it! LOL

Edison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.