Sunday, April 05, 2009

I love irony...

While is school, my worst subjects were math and English... I excelled in history & science, but fell short in the latter subjects.
Now I find it really ironic that I have a job where I have to do addition and subtraction in my head, on the fly daily... Math is a huge part of my job...
Secondly, my second passion is writing... I'm working on a novel right now and this little piece of my world I try to write about daily... I fall short most times, but I love writing.
I love Irony.
Copyright 2009 Thomas J Wolfenden

2 comments:

weatherchazer said...

I hated math- now I work budgets on a daily basis and deal with percentages in programming. I even flunked Algebra II one six seeks- along with Chemistry at the same time. Miss Perfection (me) was not happy. However, I did love history (talked with my pops about it) and earth sciences. Still study both for kicks to this day. English, well, it just seems to be there and won't leave me alone- so I abuse it!

Anonymous said...

I followed a similar pattern - taught pre-algebra and chemistry along with history (my major). Once I never would have imagined teaching the first two.