Friday, April 24, 2009

Trying to find a happy medium...

All during the sugar crop I was dreaming of this time when I could sleep as long as I wanted, not getting up for the alarm clock...

Now my sleep patterns are so screwed up I'm forgetting what day it is.

Last night I was in bed before 8 PM. then wide awake at 3 AM. I tried to write a little of my novel but wound up staring at the screen for over an hour, gave up and watched the early morning news programs.

The other day, in contrast, I was up to almost 3 AM and slept until 1 PM the next day and felt like I had waisted the entire day. I did get a call from a buddy who wanted to meet up at the Tiki Bar for lunch, wound up going there and drank far too much far to early in the day... I've GOT to stop doing that... I spend to much money there.

I guess I just need some structure in my life to get me on an even keel... I hope this isn't telling me what retirement is going to be like. If it is it's going to suck. Looks like I'm going to have to drag my alarm clock out and put myself on a summer sleep schedule. Until the 11th of May I've really nothing to do and my house is spotless, all the laundry done...

The Sugar Festival is this weekend, so I do have that to go to, but shit... I'm bored out of my mind already!

Copyright 2009 Thomas J Wolfenden

3 comments:

honkeie said...

Yes idle down time is far worse than being way busy! I would rather have too much to do than nothing at all!

weatherchazer said...

I'd love the chance to be bored...I'm sure that would wear off really quick. Stop banging your head against the wall! The wall will thank you for it... :) Me, I'd go fishing or roaming around. (But I guess 3AM isn't a good time for that).

Becky said...

A sugar fest! Sounds like a festival that I would start. I like to stay up late and sleep all day myself. Sometimes obligations don't permit this, but I do try!