Thursday, February 16, 2006

A test of time

Remember I was saying Barney still has yet to figure out the whole military/24 hour time thing? Apparently he hasn't figured out there's three other times zones in the country either...
On Sunday night when I got to work I noticed the clock in the vehicle had been changed. It read 7PM, not 8 Pm like it should, so I changed the time back. I didn't think much more about it until Tuesday morning. Right before I go off shift a few other employees come to work in the office and ask me this...
"Tommy, I thought the shift was from 8 PM until 8 Am now... How come the other guy is staying until 9?"
I hadn't a clue what they were talking about until this morning when Barney relieved me from duty at 2 AM...
"The clock was wrong the other night so I changed it to the right time..."
It hit me then just how stupid Barney was... I listen to an all-night radio talk show on a Nashville, Tennessee radio station, that happens to be not on Eastern Time, but Central time... He left the radio station on and heard the time in Nashville and thought it was the right time, changed the clock and stayed until the appropriate time in the central time zone...
Again, nobody can be that stupid, can they?
Yup.
Imagine if I actually had to work together with this guy? Even Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith Show wasn't that stupid, was he?
Save me from stupid people, please?
Copyright 2006 Thomas J Wolfenden

9 comments:

Kev said...

Switch to a West Coast show.

Becky said...

Stupid magnet still working, eh Tom?

Hey, why don't you get him fired? Set the radio to the BBC. Then he'd really be off.

Cheryl said...

Oh, I am trying so hard not to laugh out loud. I hope, hope, hope that he didn't realize the station was from Nashville....Any chance of that?

cmk said...

Words fail...

Lindsey said...

They're everywhere Tom. There is no place to hide.

Lisa said...

And I thought Missouri had the market cornered. :-)

Okie said...

un fucking believable

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Kev: Atmospheric conditions prevent that... Although late at night I can pick up KYW 1060...

Becky: Stupid magnet is active and tracking.

Cheryl: You'd think he'd be able to figure it out... The station give the local weather, traffic and news for Nashville every thirty mintutes

cmk: Every day I'm stunned.

Linny: I know. I could be on an island alone in the south pacific and still they'd find me

Lisa: No state or region has the corner of the stupid market

okie: Believe it... I live it.

Sherri Sanders said...

This was the best one yet! LOL

I still wonder how he has made it through life this far....