Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving


Today is Thanksgiving.
While we're all with our families and loved ones celebrating this day with turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie and college football let's stop for a few moments to remember those out there who won't be having a very happy thanksgiving.
These fine men and women of our armed forces are all volunteers and chose to be away from their friends and families, but from experience, it doesn't make it one bit easier. I've been in their boots and it's not much fun.

They're going without so you and I can live free in the greatest nation in the world. So please, take time out today to say a prayer or two to my brothers and sisters who are thousands of miles away...


While you eat your turkey, they're eating MRE's in a truly miserable place, for you. For without people with there mettle, we'd surely have really nothing to be thankful for.

























I have some things to be thankful for this year even though this was supposed to be my day off but now I have to work yet another holiday... I have a job, which a lot of people don't have, I have food in my fridge and a roof over my head... I also have a new group of friends who care about me. So I guess I'm doing a lot better than some...


Myself, I'm cooking turkey today myself and for that I'm eternally thankful to the Swanson corporation... So if you'll excuse me, I have to pre-heat my microwave...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Copyright 2005 Thomas J Wolfenden

6 comments:

Lora said...

Hey, Tom, thank you for
the remembrance and recognition of our troops around the world. We do thank God for their willingness to serve and ask that He would bless them and protect them...today and every day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

berly02 said...

Ummm . . . that turkey dinner you showed made me gag a little bit. I truly hope your not eating that. It will kill you!!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Lora: No problem, I've been there a time or two myself... I'm remembering one Thanksgiving in particular when I was sitting in a mud-filled hole in the jungle in Central American in 1986...

Berly: Eh, it wasn't that bad... I choked it down ok. A lot bettier than what some of my brothers & sisters are eating today though.

honkeie said...

Happy T day Tom, and yes we always have to remeber our men/women over seas today and always unitl every last one of them comes home.
And nothing makes Swanson turkey than a beer chaser!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Honkeie: no beer for me this year, laying off the stuff right now.

Randy: Hmmm... Sounds like someone's not having the time he thought he'd have... ;)~ Christmas will be here soon enough buddy, I'll make up for it.

DivineMsN said...

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!