Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We Wuz Robbed!

The raft race was a lot of fun Saturday, but although we think we had the winning design, we came in a distant 3rd in the first heat. That disqualified us for the third and final heat, so therefore we lost the race. It was a valiant effort on our part, but in the end, we were rammed on purpose and knocked to third. So there's always next year!
No pictures of that yet, I didn't have my camera with me so I've got to wait for my buddy John's wife to email me the ones she took. As soon as I get them I'll post them here!
Again, it was a lot of fun and a good time was had by all. A huge crowd showed up and even the local media and by late afternoon it was very drunk outside! I was in bed at 7:55 PM and didn't wake up until around 7 AM Sunday morning... I've forgotten how tiring having fun was!
Copyright 2009 Thomas J Wolfenden

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the pics allow us to analyse the race and see if indeed you were robbed! ;)

Glad you had fun!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Leazwell: We wuz robbed! As soon as I get the pics, I'll post them!

honkeie said...

Sweet I got to see this! And yes having a great time will always require some recovery time. Its just a guage on how much fun was had lol

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Honkeie: How right you are!