Thursday, June 30, 2005

Great lines

I really don't watch a lot of TV, so when I moved into my apartment I didn't get cable or satellite because I just couldn't justify paying for a service I would hardly use. I get the local NBC affiliate out of Bluefield, WV and that gives me the local news and Jeopardy! so that's about all the TV I really need.

Except for a few shows I do actually miss watching. Rescue Me on Fox, a show I really can identify with and the original CSI.

So without cable, I'm basically screwed for the shows I really liked to watch. Now enters the internet. I found a really cool website where I can download the recent episodes of my favorite programs and watch them at my leisure sans commercials on my computer.

I downloaded most all of the first season of Rescue Me, then began downloading CSI, watching the show then deleting them because they were beginning to take up to much room on my hard drive. So all I do is download them, watch them and get rid of them. But there is one episode I think I'm going to hold on to for a while.

I used to be a 'purist' and only watch the original CSI, the one in Las Vegas. Then I got into CSI - New York. But I ran out of shows of both of them to watch, and even though I'm not a really big fan of David Caruso or Dana Delaney started to watch CSI - Miami.

It's been a really long while since I've seen any actress (is that too politically incorrect?) that stirred the old blood around, not since the character 'Bailey' walked onto the set for WKRP in Cincinnati in my formative pubescent years. But the character on CSI - Miami just does something for me...

Emily Procter, who plays the firearms expert 'Callie'....

Hmmmmmmm........

Ok.

I still like to shoot. I used to be on the US Army rifle team at one point a long time ago. I was pretty good, if I do say so myself. I still think I'm pretty good though nowhere near as good as I used to be. But I still love to shoot long range rifle when I get the chance.

So here I am last night before work watching this episode of CSI - Miami and this exchange goes on between the two characters, Horatio and Callie.

They're both looking for a sniper and they're on a roof of a high-rise in downtown Miami.

Horatio: "Ok, what do you get when a six foot tall man lays down with a three foot rifle?"

Callie: "Hot flashes... But that's just me."

In another episode, the same character walks into the weapons vault at police headquarters. There are thousands of guns arrayed over all the walls and on shelves. She looks around, sighs and says:

"Hmmm. Be still my beating heart.."

There you go. I simply LOVE this character!

She's the perfect woman.

A beautiful blonde with a southern accent who digs guys who shoot...

Methinks I'll be watching a lot more CSI - Miami!

Copyright 2005 Thomas J Wolfenden

No comments: