Thursday, June 16, 2005

Heartbroken...

For the past few months I've had a cat coming to my door. An ordinary black and white little kitty. He's never tried to come into my apartment, but has hung around quite frequently and made it a point to jump into my lap on several occasions just to snuggle and sleep so I've kind of taken him into my guardianship. I've taken also to feeding him... He's been a constant in these days of insecurity.

Tonight, I was off from work and had a few stops to make, guy stuff really. I pulled into my apartment complex tonight and made my way to my little place and found a small frame lying next to my door.

My little shithead.

Apparently, he was hit by a car and crawled to my apartment before he died. He was looking for me and I wasn't there to help him.

I feel so bad right now... I cried like a baby for about an hour holding him.

I wish I could have been there for him in his time of need.

2 comments:

Becky said...

How awful! So sorry for your loss... and sorry you couldn't be there to comfort your little friend.

DivineMsN said...

I am so sad for you :( But at least you were able to give him comfort during his life.