Thursday, May 12, 2005

In A Coma

I don't know what's worse, feeling like shit or sleeping so long your whole body hurts.

The last few weeks I had been working so many long hours and it seemed like they caught up with me the other day. I started getting body aches, headaches, feelings of ague and just plain feeling like shit. I did sleep some the other day but apparently this wasn't enough. I still felt out of sorts yesterday but I did have some things I had to do like go to Bluefield for my club meeting. I'm on a committee and had to be there to help plan some summer events.

I don't remember much from last night but I do remember crawling into bed quite early. The next thing I know I'm awake and hurting and sore as if I'd gone twelve rounds with George Foreman. I must have slept for fourteen hours. The one thing I do know is I woke up in the same position I went to sleep in. I hadn't moved in all that time. My eyes hurt...

I did find out my kidneys are working... I pissed for about fifteen minutes.

Now I'm hurting all over for other reasons. I can't win. Work a lot of hours and hurt from that, or sleep to rejuvenate and hurt from that.

Comas are overrated.

Copyright 2005 Thomas J Wolfenden

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hadn't gotten around to reading your site for awhile. Just "delurking". Hope you are well.

I have to share regarding the whole "methane" thing. I have a Halloween costume idea this year. My hubby (being the MOST gassy man on the earth) could dress up as "Methane Man", my little boy as "Fart Boy" and my dog as "Stink Dog" They would all wear capes and gas masks and lets not forget tights! heehee.

Sometimes love doesn't hurt but smells really raunchy!

Take care.