Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another of RT's "WTF" moments...

So the other night I got called into work early. Seems the 4 to 12 conductor had a death in the family and automatically gets three day's off... I'm secretly listing people in my family to off so I can get a few day's sleep...
Anyway, I got called into work four hours earlier than usual. I got up and dressed and headed my happy ass into work.
But I forgot something.
I forgot to shut off my alarm clock... Which has the most annoying "Eeeh Eeeh Eeeh" in the world, and it's loud.
It was set for 9 PM...
My master bedroom shares a common wall with my next-door neighbor's master bedroom...
My next-door neighbor who just happens to be the Senior Vice President of the Railroad I'm in the employ of...
I get home the following morning at 7:15 AM and I'm not even at my patio yet and I can hear it...
"Eeeh Eeeh Eeeh..."
What the fuck!
I haven't heard about it yet... But I'm sure I will soon enough...
Sometimes you just got to laugh or you'll cry.
Copyright 2007 Thomas J Wolfenden

8 comments:

weatherchazer said...

I dealt with that in college (once upon a time). I always lived in a dorm. One year they were hooking up T1 lines and were running the cable- which left holes in the walls of our rooms. Did I mention that the people on the other side of the wall were males and didn't get laid that often (yes it does happen)?

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the wall muffled it enough...eek. After reading your recent series of posts all I can say is, "Careful, Tom, careful."

Anonymous said...

When I was married, and we lived in the apartment, and I was writing my first book, my neighbour-through-the-wall did the same thing three days running. He left the apartment at about 8:30am each day, the offending alarm clock would go off promptly at 9:00am.

The apartments all had relatively nice steel doors with relatively shitty locks.

I broke in (thanks for the practical education, Dad), and stole his alarm clock.

I never said anything, and neither did he, but we spent five more years as neighbours until my little family moved and there was never any problem after that.

mist1 said...

Oh, that's bad.

cmk said...

That CERTAINLY sounds like something I would do. :)

Anonymous said...

LMAO...nice

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Hey, if you have to work, management ought to be there to supervise you.

Rebecca said...

That sounds like something my sister does. The only difference is that she would be home, but would not hear her alarm. It got to the point that she had 3 alarms all set to go off within 2 minutes of eachother and she still didn't hear them.