Friday, July 22, 2005

Shatner Sings!

Folks who've know me for a while know that music is a huge part of my life. Besides scribbling here and writing my novel, I spend a lot of time downloading music. I've got close to 4000 songs on my hard drive, from classical, big band, jazz, blues, classic rock, country...

I like all kinds of music and it just depends what mood I'm in to what I'll listen to. I even have a huge collection of "novelty" songs as Dr. Demento was a huge part of my childhood. Songs like "Pencil Neck Geek", "Dead Puppies", I'm a Blonde"...

Songs like that.

But I've just downloaded a bunch of songs that had me pissing myself laughing. Some original stuff, but a few staple songs like "If I Had A Hammer" and "Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds"...

Sung by...

William Shatner of all people.

Yep, Captain Kirk.

If you get the chance, get yourself a copy of the CD "Shatner Sings!" and if you have a warped sense of humor as me you'll love it!


Copyright 2005 Thomas J Wolfenden

1 comment:

Becky said...

For a truly frightening (or funny, depending on how you look at it) experience - rent "Out to Sea" on DVD. Brent Spiner sings.