Thursday, August 18, 2005

All Aboard!


I have a very good friend in Australia who is a train controller (dispatcher) for a major railroad in the state of Western Australia. He knows of my love of the railroad and is keenly aware of my desire to become an engineer.

As with most Aussies I know, he has about the same warped sense of humor I have.

So what does he do? He's forever emailing me pics of train derailments... Like the BNSF GE Dash-9 pictured above... (unfortunately both the engineer and conductor lost their lives)

I'm not sure if it's just some morbid fascination with train crashes, like Gomez Addams had on the old TV Show or he's telling me in some subtle way that my life is one huge, tragic train wreck, or maybe he's just letting me know that my career change is wrought with danger...

Either way, I love the pics! Thanks HH, keep em' coming!

My life is sort of on the bipolar express at the moment... I never know when this train will change tracks!

Copyright 2005 Thomas J Wolfenden

No comments: