Monday, August 08, 2005

Day trip

I had off yesterday from work so I decided to take a little day trip. I drove up to Hinton where they have a very small but nice railroad museum, hit a few flea markets and had lunch overlooking the New River at the Bobcat Lounge.

Even though it's actually just a bar, it has excellent food and a really nice deck out back that overlooks the river.

I heartily recommend the Reuben!

The weather threatened rain all day but I still had a very nice time and it is a pleasure to drive through southern West Virginia.

If you ever get to the area I recommend stopping by for a while, you wont be disappointed! In October they have a weekend festival called "Railroad Days" that celebrates the town's railroad heritage.


Copyright 2005 Thomas J Wolfenden

No comments: