Sunday, September 25, 2005

Shut the fuck up already!

Last night while I was at work, reading the paper... They pretend to pay me, I continue to pretend to work... A quote I saw raised my ire.

"I think America has no experience with terrorism or even with war. In Europe, we know a little bit more about those things..."

- Irish Rock Star Bono

To quote a fellow bitter Irish~American, Denis Leary-

"Oh really, asshole?"

where the fuck do you get off saying this shit? What the fuck do you know about it? Just because you have a hit recording it's supposed to give you the right and power to bad-mouth the country that gave you all your millions? And, by the way asshole, this past years' Grammy's be damned, the last time you had a decent recording was "Achtung Baby" in 1991.

I do believe you're right in one thing. You do know about terrorism. How many innocent people have been blown up by IRA bombs in London, Londonderry, Belfast and the rest over the last hundred or so years? That's all the IRA and the PIRA is, a bunch of fucking cowards and terrorists. And you guys were soooo fucking helpful in the last two Worlds Wars... Fueling and re-supplying German U-Boats that were sinking hundreds of allied ships every month, and because of those U-Boats Great Britain almost starved to death.

And Europeans know more about how to win wars? That's a Goddamn joke. The only thing I see from European history is the grand tradition of appeasement. A few names come to mind here too... Chamberlain, Petain, Chirac... A tradition that carries on today...

Let me tell you one thing before I slap those ridiculously pompous and pretentious sunglasses of your smarmy little rat-face...

If it wasn't for us Americans, almost the whole of Europe would still be speaking German... Twice!

You fucking prig! You make me ashamed to say I'm an Irish~American. If America is sooooo fucking bad, why don't you just give back all the millions you've earned here and never come the fuck back?

Copyright 2005 Thomas J Wolfenden

6 comments:

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Lorna, I did say "almost" the whole of Europe would be speaking German... Not all of Europe...

;)

Kev said...

Of course the Scots wouldn't speak German. Have you heard a Scot talk? They don't even spoken English!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

"Spoken" English, Kev? Remember you are in New Jersey...

Kev said...

Hooked on Phonics worked for me!

I have got to remember to stop writing things on so little sleep. I changed "haven't" to "don't," but forgot about the cascading grammatical impact.

DivineMsN said...

I love Bono! And even though I don't agree with your post that shit about their laat decent being "Achtung Baby" made me giggle :)

Susan said...

I had to laugh at this. I can't stand that guy.