Saturday, December 24, 2005

First Amendment?

I'm all for freedom of speech, but there's some things you just don't do. Like shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater and other stupid shit like that but last night at work while reading my January issue of American Legion magazine I read an article on page #40 that made my blood boil.

At first I was angry. Then I was incensed, but then when the full impact of the article hit home I openly wept.
This is just so fucking wrong on so many levels I'm almost speechless.

I'm not going to reprint the entire article here, but apparently the minister of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, a Reverend Fred Phelps, Sr. Has been organizing protests and causing great disruptions at funerals at various locations across the country...

The funerals in question and targets of his vile bastardization of Christianity are for none other that my brothers and sisters killed in the line of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan... The same soldiers who fought and died so this vile piece of human garbage can spew his hate.

I don't know if it's my overly emotional past few days or what, but this is about as bad as it gets...

How DARE this motherfucker and his perverted minions do this...

I remember some of my older friends telling me of being spat upon when they got home from Viet Nam... But they were alive and could defend themselves. I remembered coming home for the first time after Operation Urgent Fury, and remembering the stories from my friends, was afraid to wear my uniform and medals on the airplane...

But these funerals... Sweet Jesus! To do it at the funerals? No matter how bad the war got in Viet Nam, at the very least the anti-war protesters left the funerals alone. Not only are these brave men and women being laid to rest after giving the ultimate sacrifice, their families are now going to have to remember your sorry worthless asses instead of the loved one they've lost.
You've desecrated their memories...
Fucking troglodytes!

You, Reverend, are so far beneath contempt... I may joke about a lot of things here in my blog... Like some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them... You aren't even worth the cost of a bullet or the rope in which to hang you with.

Do me a favor, dear loyal readers. If you care about our fighting men and women half as much as I do, no matter what your belief in the war right now... Please got to the website below, read this vile candidate for retroactive abortion's hate and flame the fucker with so much crap his website will be shut down.

Go here: http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/

I'm so damn angry right now I cant describe the feelings I'm having.
Here's another link...
Beware, it's really upsetting. Just looking at the photos of these assholes laughing, jeering and making merry at the funerals of our dead had me in tears and I'm still shaking over them.
You folks call yourselves people of God?
You are nothing.

Copyright 2005 Thomas J Wolfenden

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is one of the HUGE reasons I don't like organized religion. People use their hate and then hide behind their "beliefs" in God.

And while I don't support the war, I do support the troops who are there. Those people are brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, fathers and mothers. And when they die, their deaths leave a hole in the hearts of their loved ones. It is bad enough that so many people have died but to blatantly cause so much more pain and suffering to their families ON PURPOSE is beyond cruel. One might not support the war but have some respect for those people who have died and those who are mourning!

Also, honestly, I don't get why these people think it is so horrible to be gay. What's the big deal?

These people hate so much they forget each person is human. Each person has feelings, craves acceptance and loves and hurts.

These people bombarding these funerals are usually anti-abortion, but ironically they are ready to kill and do harm to the people who are already living. If you are anti-abortion, respect the life that is already here, regardless of different viewpoints.

Sorry for the rant. That is really fucked up.

You know Tom, you and I have different viewpoints on alot of things but we respect each other and our differences. I like reading your blog because your viewpoints ARE different. Makes me think. And I learn from different viewpoints.

I just don't understand why people are so intolerant. They are causing so much harm in their hate. And that's really scarey that they are bringing up their kids to believe the same shit.

Lindsey said...

Just wanted to pop by and say Merry Christmas Tom! Hope you and your "son" have a great time!!!