Sunday, April 23, 2006

BOHICA

For those of you who were never in the military, this is one of thousands of Army acronyms, and those of you who were in the military know exactly what it stands for. It was uttered several times a day by several soldiers in my platoon, me included. It means:
Bend Overy, Here It Comes Again
So I get to the mine at 2 AM this morning for my final sixteen hour shift there. I'm to train two new guys on the ins and outs of the place and let them have it.
No more Purgatory.
So 2 AM, and no guys show up. 2:30 and still nobody. I wait until 3 and wake my boss up. (Serves him right, his fat ass should be down there training these fucks instead of me in the first place)
He calls me back and tells me they're both no-shows.
Fucking wonderful. Now I'm still stuck in purgatory. I really should have known better, but I thought this time was going to be different. So much for thinking.
So now I'm finally home, it's 8:15 PM and I've been awake for well over 24 hours. And I'm still in Purgatory.
But not for long, maybe. I'm taking a little overnight trip up to Pocahontas County on Tuesday night for something I'll write about after Wednesday if all goes well.
Right now I'm going to crawl into bed and slip into a coma.
BOHICA...
And not even the goddamn common courtesy of a reach-around!
Copyright 2006 Thomas J Wolfenden

1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

wow, sorry your replacements were no-show weasels. Maybe they got the wrong night or sumpin.