Monday, April 17, 2006

Out of purgatory

Of course all weekend when I have no access to a computer or the internet my mind was swimming with ideas of stuff to write about. I get home this morning at 2 AM, get a shower and into bed and quickly fall asleep. I get up around 11 AM to a really fantastic thunderstorm and do you think I could remember just one of the ideas I had over the weekend?
I should start writing them down.
I do have some good news though, my boss finally hired not one but two people for the mine, so after I train them next weekend I won't have to go down there again for a while so I'm freed from purgatory.
And speaking of coal mines, there's talk going around here that coal is so hot right now that a few of the companies are thinking of re-opening several of the closed mines here in Mercer county and up in Raleigh county, which would be really good for the area, bringing in several hundred new jobs.
One final note. One of the officers of my fire department and webmaster of the FD website likes my writing so much he's given me my own place to write a monthly article on the website. Go here:
Have a swell day!
Copyright 2006 Thomas J Wolfenden

10 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

good deal on the writing thing, hon. Now, do we need to mosey over there and fluff your comments?

Dirk said...

I take a notebook to work with me. The only trouble is that I'm such a productivity orientated employee, that I never stop the tractor when I'm writing. I have no idea what I've written, it looks like a babies scribblings.

Sherri Sanders said...

Congratulations!! Sounds like a good weekend all around for you. :D

Cheryl said...

Hooray! Congrats on your new freedom.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Cool, Tom. Now that you'll be free from purgatory, you should have more time to write your monthly articles. (Just remember to jot down your clever thoughts the old fashioned way--on paper--when away from the computer. :)

bevy said...

Yeah, I keep saying I'm gonna get a tape recorder to keep track of everything I want to post. I haven't done it yet.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Miss Fire: I usually get about 5 million things going through my mind at once, usually around 4 AM while I'm at work and can't do anything about it.

Phlegmfatale: Fluff my what and where? ;)

Dirk: I see a new campaign in the making... "Stop all this writing while operating farm machinery! It's a deadly combination!"

Sherri: I still had to work 36 hours in two and a half days. The only thing good about this past weekend was the news about the hirees.

Cheryl: I hope so. I still have to train these two...

Outdoorsygirl: I'm cheating on it really. I've dug deep down into my archives for articles to give him. Stuff that most of my newer readers never have seen.

Bev: I had one of those little micro cassette recorders before, but I lost in on my move across the country

Courtney O. said...

Wow - you're a total celebrity! Congrats on the writing gig!!!

Mrs. S. said...

I should also start writing stuff down. I usually think of things while I'm trying to sleep...

Sorry to hear about the ex's loss of a vehicle.. My mother-in-law has a spare if she needs one...

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom...I don't usually comment, but that is really cool. :)